Pencil Grips! Pencil grips are a great strategy for children who have a "non-functional" grip on their pencil. Pencil grips will often help a child feel more comfortable writing, which is an important topic during this back-to-school time! A "non-functional" grip tends to happen due to a lack of strength or stability in the hand to properly support the pencil. If you're concerned about your child's pencil grip, you should definitely contact an occupational therapist! If you're just interested in a pencil grip, we have some options for you!
There are several grips and each child may prefer a different grip so we've listed a few of our favorites!
1. The Pencil Grip: This is my favorite and perfect for just about anyone!
2. The Crossover Grip: Perfect for any child with a thumb wrap!
3. The Finger Trainer: A grip perfect to teach proper finger placement!
4. The Triangle Grip: Not my favorite, but does provide a wider base for your child to hold on to.
5. Soft Foam Pencil Grips: Again, not my favorite, but does provide more comfort during writing.
6. Warmtaste Grip: Not going to lie, I've never tried these. But they're a best seller on Amazon and I just purchased them:)