OT Activity of the Day:
Combat the Summer Boredom!
Target Age Range: 2 and up
With summer around the corner it's time to start thinking about summer vacation! While some kids will be heading off to camps, others may be hanging out at home. Regardless of your child's summer plans, it's inevitable that you will hear the words, "I'm bored". While there's nothing wrong with your child being bored, it can foster creativity, you can help combat boredom by providing them with a "Boredom Jar". This is a jar I found off the blog "chasserveddaily", and would be very easy to recreate at home.
Here are a few OT ideas to add to your jar!
1. Create an obstacle course inside or outside of the house (gross motor and sensory).
2. Use sidewalk chalk outside (fine motor skills).
3. Use a paintbrush and "paint" the patio or deck (fine motor).
4. Hopscotch (gross motor).
5. Nature scavenger hunt (fine motor and gross motor).
6. Paint a rock (fine motor).
7. Build a fort (gross motor and sensory).
8. Animal walk relay races (gross motor and sensory).
9. Play doh (fine motor).
10. Coloring books (fine motor).
These are just a few ideas, you can always scroll back through this blog for more!
Happy summer and enjoy!