OT Activity of the Day:
Target Age Range: 2 and up
This is a great activity that can be scaled up or down depending on the skill level of your child. Here are some ideas that I will be using!
1. using dot markers to decorate- dot markers are a great fine motor manipulation challenge. Twisting those tops off and on can be tricky!
2. stickers! I mean, who doesn't want to put stickers all over an egg?!
3. yarn, I have a lot of it and am always looking for a way to use it during craft time.
4. tissue paper or regular paper, either way, have your child rip up small pieces for a great fine motor/BLC challenge!
5. crayons, paint, or markers- a staple and great to use at any time!
Today I even used it to work on visual attention. I had precut pieces of paper for decoration and as I placed small dots of glue on the egg, the child had to scan and locate the glue before they could stick the paper on.
For the younger kids, you can precut the egg. For the older kids you can have them trace a template (I made my template out of one of the many Amazon boxes that are in my house) and then cut it out for an added BLC exercise!